Chocolate truffles needn’t mean overindulgence, but they should always mean delicious.
These are completely refined sugar and dairy-free and are made using just three ingredients: dates, coconut oil and cacao powder. Both super-chocolatey and very rich, you’ll most definitely need them on hand for Christmas, when the average person has consumed their first piece of chocolate by 9am.
Dates are very high in natural sugars, so you’ll get that sugary-high hit should you need a little pick-me-up.
- 3 large handfuls pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/2.5 tbsp raw cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
- Soak the dates in boiling water for at least 30 mins. Drain and blend in a robust blender until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well until fully combined. The mixture should be moist (eugh) and sticky.
- Put in the fridge for around 30 mins to allow it to harden slightly. This will make the next step easier.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll into a ball between your palms. Repeat until there’s no mixture left.
- Sprinkle raw cacao powder over all the truffles, loosely cover with cling film and put back in the fridge for an hour or two to set properly.
all ofthem once they’ve been out of the fridge for at least 20 mins as the flavour intensifies as they warm up.